Bill 168: Violence and Harassment in the Workplace
Workplace violence means:
- The exercise of physical force by a person against a worker, in a workplace, that causes or could cause physical injury to the worker
- An attempt to exercise physical force against a worker, in a workplace, that could cause physical injury to the worker
- A statement or behaviour that it is reasonable for a worker to interpret as a threat to exercise physical force against the worker, in a workplace, that could cause physical injury to the worker
Workplace harassment means:
- Engaging in a course of vexatious comment or conduct against a worker in a workplace that is known or thought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome.
- Workplace harassment may include bullying, intimidating or offensive jokes or innuendos, displaying or circulating offensive pictures or materials, or offensive or intimidating phone calls.
- Wallet cards
- Records of training
Algonquin Safety Training offers easy and convenient training location options to suit your preferences:
- At Algonquin Safety Training facilities
- On site, at your facility